Hello Bees!! Are you prepared for upcoming festivals?? 🙂 Why not!! Happy festive time to all of you. Today I am sharing a very spicy and tasty cabbage recipe which will bring a different taste in your everyday curry recipe. This dish is blended with lots of spices which has a immense flavor and gives an appetizing texture too. Cabbage is good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K etc.
I want to share few tips here-
- When you are chopping/slicing cabbage, try to chop it as thin as possible. It will give a good texture and taste too.
- Do not add extra water to cook the dish. It will spoil the taste. If you chop your veggie very finely, it will help to cook vegetable faster.
- After dry roasting the whole spices, do not cool it down completely. Grind it after 2-3 minutes of dry roasting.
- Try to make a fine spice powder mix.
Visit my YouTube channel to watch recipe video. Click on the link below-
Spicy Cabbage Fry
Prep Time: 10 minutes
|Cook Time: 35 minutes||
Ingredients: (1 cup= 240 ml approx.)
For Ground Spice Mix:
- Cumin seeds- 1 ½ tbsp
- Coriander seeds- tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds- ¼ tsp
- Fennel seeds- 1 ½ tbsp
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Bay leaf- 1, medium
- Whole dry red chili- 2-3
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Asafoetida- 1/8 tsp or a generous pinch
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Salt- as required
- Cabbage- finely chopped lengthwise, 1 medium size or 500-600 grams or 3 cups full
- Potato- 1 big or 2 medium, cut into cubes
- Onion- 1 big, finely sliced
- Tomato- 1 big, finely sliced
- Green peas- ½ cup
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Green chili- 3-4, thinly sliced
- Coriander- 3-4 tbsp, finely chopped
- Oil- 4-5 tbsp (I have use mustard oil in the recipe)
- Water- if required
How to make:
- Dry roast all the ingredients from ‘ground spice mix’ list. It will take 2-3 minutes to dry roast. Now keep it aside. After 1 minute grind it to make a fine spice powder.
- Add oil in a kadhai and add onion. Sauté it for few minutes and add ginger-garlic paste. Fry them until raw smell gone.
- Add potatoes, mix everything. Put the lid on and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium-low flame. Do not forget to stir in between.
- Then add sliced tomatoes along with green chilies and some salt. Cover it and cook until tomatoes get soften.
- Add turmeric, ground spice mix and green peas along with 2-3 tbsp of water. Water will prevent spices from burning.
- Now put the lid on and keep the flame on low and cook spice mix until oil separates. It will take around 5-6 minutes.
- Add finely chopped cabbage with salt and mix everything very well.
- Again put the lid on and cook cabbage on low-medium flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Keep stirring in every 4-5 minutes to avoid burning it.
- After 15-20 minutes add chopped coriander and garam masala. Adjust salt in this stage. Mix everything well and put the flame on high. It will help to evaporate any extra moisture from the cabbage fry after adding salt.
- Stir continuously for 1-2 minutes.
- Now spicy cabbage fry is ready to serve.
- You can serve it hot with paratha, rice, roti.
To print the recipe click on the link below-
Hope you will like the recipe and please be sure to share it with friends and family. Thank you. Please give credit for this blog if you are using images elsewhere.Thanks for understanding.
Enjoy your day with lots of smile
Disclaimer: The opinions or information contained within the personal home pages are the creation of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the true nature of the product. I am not sponsored by any company.