Hello bees!! Are you sensing winter? In Hyderabad(India) we are feeling it right now. Hope this year we will be able to enjoy a little more winter than past couple of years. What say you all #Hyderabadis ?
Today I am sharing a very basic, simple pasta recipe. I have used spaghetti for the recipe. You can choose any variety ( fusilli, small shell pasta, macaroni, penne etc). We love to eat this “almost” one-pot pasta in our week movie nights. You can stay away from ordering home deliveries or take away on weekends. This trusted recipe saved us a lot of money and healthy compared to those restaurant foods.
This recipe specially for beginners where they no need to prepare sauce before starting to cook the dish. Here I have used store bought pasta sauce which is very handy for me, less effort and delicious pasta can be prepare within less time. If you want you can boil the pasta before night and store it in refrigerator for next step. Of course you can add veggies if you love 🙂 .
Visit my YouTube channel to watch recipe video. Click on the link below-
Simple chicken Spaghetti Recipe
|Prep Time: 60-90 minutes||Cook Time: 35 minutes||
Ingredients: (1 cup= 240 ml approx.)
To marinate the chicken:
- Chicken- 500 grams
- Soy sauce- 1 tsp
- Tomato sauce- 1 tbsp
- Refined oil/olive oil- 1 tsp
- Salt- as required
- Red chili powder- 1 tbsp
- Chicken spice masala- 1 tsp
- Cumin powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric- 1/8 tsp
- Garlic- 3-4 cloves, minced
To boil pasta:
- Spaghetti/any type of pasta- 250 grams, uncooked (after cooking it will be 3 cups, approx.)
- Water- 2000 ml, approx.
- Salt- as required
- Refined oil/olive oil – 1 ½ tbsp
To make spaghetti/pasta:
- Boiled spaghetti/pasta- 3 cups, cooked
- Onion- 1 big size or ¾ cup, chopped
- Garlic- 2-3 cloves, chopped
- Pasta sauce- 1/3 cup
- Black pepper- as per taste, freshly crushed
- Pasta seasoning- 1 tsp
- Melted butter/refined oil/olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Water- 300 ml
- Cheese- for garnishing
How to make:
Marinating the chicken:
Note: If you are using chicken breast then I will recommend to brine the chicken.
If you want to know how to brine check out my Tandoori chicken recipe(click here).
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Combine all ingredients listed under “to marinate the chicken”.
- Mix well, cover it and put it in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours.
- First boil water and add salt, add spaghetti. Do not break it.
- It will slide into the water after couple of minutes by itself.
- Cook it AL Dante or cook it will 90 % done (I prefer to cook it 90 %), then add 1 tbsp of oil (do not put more oil or else sauce will not stick to the pasta properly).
- Put it in a colander, drain all excess water and keep it aside.
Frying the chicken-
- Heat a pan and add oil.
- After heating the oil put marinated chicken and fry it for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- You can cover the pan and cook for fast cooking, but do not forget to stir in between.
- Now remove fried chicken and keep it aside.
- In the same pan (where you have fried the chicken) add 1 tbsp of butter and put chopped garlic.
- Sauté it for a while then add onion in it along with some salt.
- Cover and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Then add pasta sauce and fry it on medium flame for 1 minute.
- After that add water and mix everything very well.
- Cook it for 5 minutes or till the boil comes.
- Then add fried chicken and cook it for 10 minutes on medium-low flame.
- By this way you can reduce the consistency as per your requirement and sauce will get a thick consistency.
- Now add cooked pasta and mix it thoroughly.
- Cover and simmer it for another 5 minutes.
- Now add pepper and pasta seasoning. Mix it well.
- Now pasta is ready to be served.
- You can topped it with some cheese if you like.
To print the recipe, CLICK HERE.
Hope you will like the recipe and please be sure to share it with friends and family. Thank you. Please give credit for this blog if you are using images elsewhere.Thanks for understanding.
Enjoy your day with lots of smile.
Disclaimer: The opinions or information contained within the personal home pages are the creation of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the true nature of the product. I am not sponsored by any company.