Hello Bees!! We all know about the nutrients value of carrot- probably a little more or less. But when it come to make any dish out of it, we try to incorporate something else or unhealthy to pair with, something like aloo-gajar (potato-carrot) ki sabji, isn’t it 🙂 . So, in this recipe I have add kasuri methi which gives a super tasty flavor and I am quite sure you will love the recipe too.
Visit my YouTube channel “Let’s Cook With Jaya” to watch recipe video. Click on the link below-
Simple Carrot Fry | Gajar Kasuri Methi Ki Sabji
|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cook Time: 15 minutes||
Ingredients: (1 cup= 240 ml approx.)
- Carrot- 5-6 medium size or 400 grams, cut into small pieces
- Onion- 1 medium size, chopped
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Asafoetida- a pinch (optional)
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/8 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric- a pinch
- Red chili powder- ½ tsp
- Green chili- 2, slit
- Kasuri methi or dried Fenugreek leaves- 3 tbsp, crushed
- Salt- as per taste
- Water- 30 ml
- Oil- 2-3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp, chopped
How to make:
- Heat a kadhai or pan and add oil in it.
- Add jeera, let it crackle first.
- Put the flame on low, add fenugreek seeds and green chili. Fry it for few seconds.
- Add asafoetida and give it a quick mix.
- Now add onion and fry it for 2 minutes.
- Then add carrots and cook it for 5-6 minutes on medium-low flame. It’s best to cook with lid to fasten up the cooking process.
- Now add turmeric, coriander powder, and chili powder, salt.
- Fry it for 2 minutes then add little water. Mix well, put the lid on and cook it for another 8-10 minutes or till carrots are cooked nicely.
- Add crushed dried fenugreek leaves, coriander leaves, adjust salt and mix it well.
- Cook for 1 minute on high flame, stir continuously. It will help to evaporate extra moisture.
- Serve it hot with roti, paratha or plain rice.
To print the recipe, CLICK HERE.
Hope you will like the recipe and please be sure to share it with friends and family. Thank you. Please give credit for this blog if you are using images elsewhere.Thanks for understanding.
Enjoy your day with lots of smile.
Disclaimer: The opinions or information contained within the personal home pages are the creation of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the true nature of the product. I am not sponsored by any company.