Hello Bees!! So Diwali is around the corner. Have you started preparing your home, menu lists, cleaning, dresses….ohhh I have to rush. Before rushing I want to share bhutte ki kachori recipe. Yes..yes..yum..yum..yummy. Butta means corn and Kachori means Indian fried flat bread (probably it could be the English translation). which you can make in this Diwali to lighten up your family members face just like those light miniatures 🙂 Trust me on this.
Kachori or kachodi is a very famous Indian snack (or you can serve it on special day lunch/dinner too) which can be eaten with any sauce or chutney (you can see Tomato-coriander chutney from my recipe list or CLICK HERE) or best accompanied with aloo ki rasedar sabji(potato gravy/curry).
It definitely requires sometime to make perfect homemade kachori and also you need to know few tricks to make it perfect. See the “note” section of the written recipe below and be sure to follow those tips.
Visit my YouTube channel “Let’s Cook With Jaya” to watch recipe video. Click on the link below-
Bhutte Ki Kasta Kachori | Sweet Corn Kachori
Prep Time: 60 minutes
|Cook Time: 35 minutes||
Serves: 12 pieces
Ingredients: (1 cup= 240 ml approx.)
To make corn filling:
- Sweet corn- 2 cups or 400 grams approx.
- Fennel seeds/Saunf- 1 tbsp, roasted
- Ginger- 1” piece
- Green chili- 2 or more as per your taste
- Hing- 1/8 tsp
- Cumin/Jeera- 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder- ½ tsp or as per your taste
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Gram flour/besan- 1 tbsp
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves- 2-3 tbsp, chopped
- Asafoetida- ½ tsp
- Sugar- ½ tsp
- Salt- as required
- Clarified butter/oil- 3-4 tbsp
- Oil- for deep frying
To make dough:
- Whole wheat flour- 1 cup
- All-purpose flour- 1 cup
- Baking powder- ½ tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp or as required
- Luke warm water- 120 ml approx. or as required
- Refined oil/ghee/clarified butter- 3-4 tbsp
How to make:
Making the dough:
- In a mixing bowl add all-purpose flour, wheat flour, baking powder and salt.
- Then add oil or ghee and mix it very well until you get a crumbly texture.
- Now add water little by little in flour mixture and knead the dough.
- Dough should be stiff (not hard), do not make it soft.
- Now cover it with a damp cloth and rest it for at least 30-60 minutes.
Ingredients to be grounded:
- In a grinder jar grind ginger and green chili. Grind it to a coarse paste. If require you can add very little water.
- Then add roasted fennel seeds or saunf in the jar and again give it 2-3 pulses to make a coarse paste.
Ground sweet corn:
- In a grinder jar add corn and make a coarse paste. Do not add water.
Making kachori masala/filing:
- Heat a kadhai and add ghee or oil in it.
- Add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- After that add asafoetida, ginger-green chili-fennel seed coarse paste and fry it on medium flame for few seconds.
- Now add coarse corn paste.
- Mix everything well and fry for 5-7 minutes. Keep the flame on medium-low flame.
- Now add all turmeric, gram flour, red chili, sugar, garam masala and fry it for 7-8 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and salt, mix well and fry it for another 1-2 minutes.
- Keep it aside to cool it down.
Start preparing kachori:
- After 30-60 minutes, remove the damp cloth and knead the dough for a while to make it smoother.
- Make 12 equal sizes balls out of the dough.
- Give it a round shape size with your palm.
- Now again cover it with the damp cloth.
- Now take one dough ball and apply little oil on its surface.
- Start rolling it, oil will prevent sticking it on rolling pin.
- Give it a 3-4’’ diameter shape. Now take approx. 1 ½ to 2 tbsp of corn masala stuffing and put in the center.
- Apply little water around the edges (it will help to stick edges better), start closing it and give a round shape.
- Now put it on rolling surface, again apply little oil on both the side and start rolling it very carefully.
- Give gentle pressure and make a 3-4’’ diameter kachori.
- Prepare all the kachori following the same process.
- Cover it with a damp cloth until you start frying it
Start frying kachori:
Heating up the oil is very important step to make crispy and flaky kachori. Be careful while preparing the oil for kachori. See note section to prepare your oil for frying kachori.
- Heat oil on medium flame. Check the oil by dropping a small portion of the dough.
- Now slide kachori and fry it on medium-low flame.
- Kachori will start floating in oil and will be puffed.
- Fry them till they get golden brown colour and outside is stiff and flaky.
- Take them out on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve them hot with coriander-tomato chutney or aloo sabzi (potato curry).
- To check whether the oil is ready to fry kachori—
- If the dough come out straight and floating it means oil is too hot for making crispy kachori.
- If the dough is taking little time to come up it means oil not heated up properly which will let kachori to absorb more oil.
- If the dough will come gradually it means oil is ready for frying kachori and it will be crispy and flaky.
- If you want to make them ahead, then first fry them until they got soft golden colour. Then for second time heat the oil smokey hot and fry them till the get nice golden brown colour. This way you can make crispy, flaky kachori.
To print the recipe, CLICK HERE.
Hope you will like the recipe and please be sure to share it with friends and family. Thank you. Please give credit for this blog if you are using images elsewhere.Thanks for understanding.
Enjoy your day with lots of smile.
Disclaimer: The opinions or information contained within the personal home pages are the creation of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the true nature of the product. I am not sponsored by any company.